Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is software that allows you to securely connect to your organization’s network from any location. It is important to keep the VPN client updated to ensure optimal performance and security. In this article, we will show you how to deploy the updated Cisco AnyConnect VPN client to your users using the following steps:
- Download the latest version of Cisco AnyConnect VPN client from the Cisco website. You will need a valid Cisco account and a license to access the download page. Choose the appropriate installer for your operating system and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Log in to your Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) device using a web browser or a SSH client. Navigate to Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Network (Client) Access > AnyConnect Client Software.
- Click Add and browse to the location where you saved the downloaded installer file. Select the file and click Upload. The ASA will verify the file and add it to the list of available AnyConnect packages.
- Click Apply to save the changes. You can also optionally configure the ASA to automatically update the AnyConnect client on the user’s device when they connect to the VPN. To do this, go to Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Network (Client) Access > Group Policies and edit the default group policy or create a new one.
- Under Advanced > AnyConnect Client, check the Enable Auto Update box and select the desired update method (User Controllable, Automatic, or Manual). Click OK and Apply to save the changes.
- Inform your users that they can download and install the updated Cisco AnyConnect VPN client from the ASA web portal or from their existing client application. They will need to enter their credentials and accept the terms and conditions before proceeding with the installation.
- Once installed, the users can launch the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client from their desktop or start menu and connect to your organization’s network using their credentials and any additional authentication methods required by your security policy.